Assistant Director for Farm OperationsColumbia Basin College
Assistant Director for Farm Operations
Full-Time State Funded
Salary: $45,000.00 - $50,000.00 Annually
Closing Date: Open Until Filled (First consideration closes November 26, 2017 at 11:59 pm Pacific Time)
Columbia Basin College in Pasco, WA seeks an Assistant Director for Farm Operations to assist with a strong focused agriculture research program that serves the needs of the Columbia Basin and its surrounding region. This position is responsible for all aspects of farm operations including the cultivation of alfalfa, biofuel feedstocks, beans, peppers and other crops of economic significance to the region. Additional responsibilities include operation and maintenance of specialty research equipment and general farm equipment as well as hiring, supervising and guidance of agriculture interns in all phases of farm operations.
- Under the general direction of the Director for Agriculture Education, Research & Development cultivate crops in accordance with the research project as designed;
- Operate and maintain tractors, small plot forage harvester and small plot combine, along with implements for tillage and other farm equipment as needed;
- Operate and maintain greenhouse(s) in support of various research objectives to include: propagation of plants, screening of plant populations for pests and seed production;
- Operate and maintain irrigation systems including hand lines, wheel lines and pivots;
- All other duties related to the comprehensive operations of a research farm;
- Supervise, direct, train and mentor student interns and part time hourly workers in all aspects of research farm operations and plant cultivation;
- Cooperate with seed companies using CBC farmland to generate income for research efforts;
- Participate in outreach activities to promote educational programs, maintain contact with growers and recruit new students;
- Commitment to the community college mission;
- Commitment to staying current in discipline; and
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds effectively.
Applications will ONLY be accepted through our website at Jobs@CBC.
CBC is an EEO/AA Employer. Protected groups are encouraged to apply.