Director of Digital ServicesCoffey Communications
Director of Digital Services
This role is a strong operational leader who will develop, implement and manage policies, programs, systems and procedures to meet client needs and the company's growth and profitability objectives. Provides direct supervision to Digital Services staff and ensures that the department is properly staffed, motivated and coordinated to perform duties effectively to achieve goals and maintain a high degree of customer satisfaction. Oversees and guides the direction of Site Assist functional enhancements and improvements, increasing client satisfaction and company market share and profitability.
Essential job functions:
- Uses Coffey's project management software to manage day-to-day operations of the Digital Services department and staff to enable them to perform duties effectively and efficiently. Manages departmental staff to ensure that each member fulfills expectations and company duties effectively and without disruption.
- Understands our product offerings, is passionate about all things digital, and serves as the internal and external evangelist for Coffey's digital services. Works closely with the sales team and key customers.
- Is responsible for formulating policies, programs, systems and procedures that meet client needs and meet growth and profitability objectives. Develops short- and long-range objectives to ensure best use of department's resources in accordance with goals for growth and profitability and plans strategies for attainment.
- Oversees project managers to ensure that project profitability targets are met, kickoff meetings and implementation schedules function effectively, and high client satisfaction is achieved.
- Is responsible for overseeing client satisfaction that results in retaining Digital Services clients.
- Provides creative solutions to client crises, unusual client inquiries, serious billing concerns, client contract issues, non-performing client issues, contract renewals, etc. Is able to negotiate with clients and show Coffey's value.
- In conjunction with senior leadership, oversees and manages key performance indicators. Oversees an annual budget and related reports; adheres to policies and procedures pertaining to the budget. Approves expenditures and ensures that department runs within budget.
- Oversees and manages data integrity in Coffey's client relationship management software.
- Oversees the quality and accuracy of all content and design produced by Digital Services and is responsible for maintaining knowledge of industry best practices for creating engaging and actionable content and design.
- Takes responsibility, in harmony with Human Resources, for the recruitment and selection of new department personnel.
- Conducts annual performance coaching of each staff member and monitors performance on a regular basis (weekly, monthly, quarterly). Encourages and facilitates the professional development of each staff member. Documents staff progress and accomplishments, as well as any need for improvement.
- Understands, supports and applies all Coffey human resource policies, including items contained in the personnel manual and travel policy; recommends changes or additions to them. Implements, in conjunction with Human Resources, any employee disciplinary actions, up to and including dismissal.
- Establishes policies and procedures to provide necessary client service and promote good client relations, ensuring that clients receive the best service possible. Oversees and directs client services operations to ensure that client needs are met and complaints are handled fairly and effectively. Takes the lead in providing a sounding board for client concerns and needs. Develops, implements and manages client satisfaction/complaint management programs and systems. Prepares regular reports to senior management on the status of each client's account, as well as their experience with the department's products and staff.
- Leads the creation of plans and review of internal proposals to ensure that management approval is achieved for new initiatives. Executes plans to achieve timely accomplishment of objectives and adherence to budget commitments.
- Manages changes in departmental direction, as required by client and market needs. Creates and maintains a staff environment that fosters and encourages a receptivity to and quick response to change, as well as openness to continual review of quality and efficiency.
- Collaborates with the Director of Publication Services to develop and implement effective strategies for integrating products and services to provide a comprehensive communications solution for clients.
- Stays current with developments in digital technologies and techniques as well as applications related to design, illustration and layout in various media.
- Oversees the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities. Works in concert with appropriate staff members to create overall product line life cycle plan and specific product requirements and functional design specifications to support that plan. The life cycle plan would require periodic updates to reflect changes in market and company strategy.
- Working with company leadership, identifies new product opportunities based on company strengths, competitive risks, and market and existing client needs and technology changes.
- Works with senior management, sales and marketing to define product positioning, key benefits and target customer. Also works with senior management to identify and analyze potential partner relationships for the product.
- Assists sales and marketing, as needed, in securing accounts, including attending sales presentations and trade shows, responding to RFPs, and demonstrating Coffey's products and services.
- Works with project manager and developers to define product release requirements, including development, testing and release cycle.
- Helps drive a solution set across development teams and sales and marketing through market requirements, product definition and positioning.
- Acquires and maintains knowledge of computer equipment, digital marketing techniques and presentation techniques; acquires and maintains knowledge of corporate products and procedures; and acquires and maintains industry and market knowledge through various channels.
- Participates as a member of the Executive Management Council.
- Is responsible for creating and updating departmental HIPAA policies and procedures in harmony with the HIPAA Compliance Officer and ensures that departmental staff complies with all HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Uses the Coffey timekeeping system to keep an accurate record of time spent on various job activities that are billable to clients.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either orally or in writing.
Education, experience and skills required:
- Bachelor's degree in management, marketing, business, computer technology, communications or related field or equivalent education or experience.
- Seven to 10 years' experience in business operations, managing personnel across multiple disciplines within creative services design/development.
- The ability to set vision and drive concepts and strategies through the entire production process. Highly developed ability to conceptualize development and design improvements and communicate such to others.
- Advanced understanding of digital technology.
- Ability to establish and manage the department project management and workflow processes and systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly developed skills in fostering synergy, enthusiasm, optimism and energy in the workplace, while being firm and decisive about meeting policies, procedures, deadlines and goals. Ability to motivate staff in a positive, respectful manner and communicate clearly to foster effective teamwork.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; must enjoy meeting new people and work well with others. Ability to work cooperatively within the company as a team player.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and deliver results in a fast–paced, dynamic production environment.
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines. Ability to lead and pursue projects independently while exercising good judgment and exhibiting a considerable degree of creativity.
- Discretion necessary and ability to keep confidences when working with administration, client family and Coffey staff members.
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- Ability to travel to visit with prospects and clients.