Public Works DirectorCity of Prosser
Public Works Director
The City of Prosser seeks a new Public Works Director to work in conjunction with other departments and agencies to guide the development of critical infrastructure and to that services continued to be delivered to customers in a professional but neighborhood friendly manner.
- The Public Works Director manages the Public Works Department including the City's water supply and distribution, wastewater treatment, streets, irrigation, garbage and parks.
- The Public Works Director also prepares various capital plans and works with other departments and agencies to prepare of the planned improvements.
- The new Public Works Director must have a Bachelor's in business administration, public administration, civil engineering, or a related field and have a thorough knowledge of construction and maintenance methods.
- Knowledge of administrative practices, management, safety measures and public contracting is also desirable.
- The winning candidate will have at least 5 years of progressively responsible administrative experience in public works.
- Additional requirements include working knowledge of the principles and practices of modern public administration.
- Wage: $70,518 to $91,800 depends on qualification.