Building & Grounds SupervisorBig Bend Community College
Building & Grounds Supervisor
Big Bend Community College, Moses Lake, WA invites applications for the position of Building & Grounds Supervisor. This position is responsible to oversee, supervise, and coordinate maintenance and grounds operations and personnel.
Essential Job Duties:
Primary essential responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Plan, direct, and manage efficient plant operations including equipment maintenance, carpentry, electrical, roofing, plumbing, HVAC, painting, locksmith, etc.
- Performs periodic inspections of buildings and grounds to determine condition; analyzes and resolves work problems and/or assists employees in resolving work problems. Plans and schedules daily, weekly monthly routine maintenance; establishes work priorities; issues work orders. Oversees preventative maintenance and major repairs.
- Responsible for providing leadership of the daily activities for Building and Grounds employees. Supervises, trains, instructs, and assigns subordinates. Inspects completed work and develops staff work and leave schedules. Develop and administer performance evaluations for assigned staff in accordance with college policy. Approve staff time sheets.
- Recommend and execute corrective actions for assigned staff, if necessary. Under the direction of the Director of Facilities & Capital Projects establishes short and long-term goals for the department.
- Engage in remodeling projects, alterations, and installation projects.
- Create reports for project planning, deferred maintenance needs, and activity reports as assigned.
- Review contractor, consultant, and vendor estimates, agreements, and contracts.
- Manage electronic preventive maintenance (PM) program and schedule.
- Assist in the management of major/minor projects and reporting on the general work/PM records.
- Perform PM maintenance and major repairs, as needed.
- Communicate with the Director on necessary scope of work for improvement of campus operations and building quality.
- Manage inventory of tools, parts, and equipment.
- Schedule and coordinate the flow of materials, tools, and equipment with the assignment of work so that the order of work and job progress are properly maintained.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Purchasing to authorize, order, and purchase materials, goods, and/or support services.
- Assist with data collection and analysis for departmental assessment.
- Plan, develop, and manage exterior trash removal, exterior pest control, landscaping, parking lot, walkway maintenance, projects, and improvements.
- Serve as liaison with contractors and vendors, as needed.
- Oversee the maintenance of the college's rolling stock inventory, including grounds equipment, facility vehicles, and repair shop.
- Report and act-upon building security, maintenance, and potential safety hazards.
- Communicate and enforce state, local, and department safety rules and regulations.
- Conduct required safety trainings for employees.
- Maintain safety records.
- Serve as acting Director of Facilities & Capital Projects when requested.
- Represent the college and the M & O Department at functions and activities.
- Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
- Ensure no injuries to self or others by following safe work practices and policies. This includes, but is not limited to security and safety, understanding of safety data sheets, equipment, infection control, fire, disaster, safe lifting and body mechanics.
- Ensure compliance with college policies and procedures and state and federal regulations.
- Conduct self in a professional manner and ensure the interaction with team members and other support groups is conducted in a courteous and efficient manner conducive to the college's values.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as may be required.
Minority/female/disabled/veteran equal employment opportunity employer & educator.