Maintenance Worker IIBenton PUD
Benton PUD is accepting applications for a Maintenanceworker II. The primary purpose of this position is to repair and maintain office buildings, shops, and outbuildings; repair and maintain furniture, tools and fixtures within facilities; perform grounds and irrigation maintenance; and oversee work of external contractors as required. Building maintenance experience required, HVAC certification preferred. Comprehensive compensation and benefits package with state pension and other retirement programs, health benefits, wellness incentives and more!
Accountability and Essential Functions
- Support the District’s mission to serve our customers and foster a positive workplace by personally choosing behavior aligned with our values and ethical code.
- Maintain District facilities by performing routine and non-routine maintenance such as painting, plaster; conducting regular inspections of plumbing, electrical, lighting, doors, commercial HVAC, and other systems within the facility, and escalate matters above normal “household” repair and maintenance.
- Maintain and repair plumbing systems and fixtures by repairing leaks and restoring stoppages, repairing or replacing fixtures, repairing and maintaining eyewash stations, and performing other repair or maintenance as required.
- Maintain and repair HVAC system by troubleshooting and making necessary repairs.
- Ensure safe and presentable grounds and parking lots by clearing snow, ice and debris from parking lots and sidewalks; ensuring grounds are restored to original condition after construction or maintenance work is completed; repairing and maintaining irrigation system, pumps and low-pressure switches; performing vegetation management and pesticide/herbicide application; and performing other related grounds maintenance and repair.
- Ensure the safety and security of the facilities by performing fire extinguisher inspections, eyewash inspections, and other OSHA/WISHA-required work; maintaining, repairing or replacing lock systems; ensuring appropriate temperature, humidity and other requirements of the rooms housing the computer and network systems of the District; and ensuring appropriate repair of flooring and grounds to prevent accidental falls.
- Assist in serving internal and external customer needs by receiving and responding to incoming maintenance requests/inquiries, calls and email; tracking maintenance requests, routine maintenance, and inspection data; and ensuring prompt follow up to requests and timely performance of required maintenance work.
- Contribute to the department’s continuous improvement efforts by suggesting changes to facilities, facilities-related systems, or maintenance procedures and making routine adjustments as needed.
- Assist in appropriate collection and retention of the department’s records by documenting and maintaining documents required under the department’s record retention system and forwarding to appropriate personnel for retention.
- Contribute to the delivery of the department’s goals by assuming allocated tasks in support of team members as required.
- Complete other duties as assigned to meet team, department and organizational goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/ Disabled