Benton PUD is accepting applications for Lineman Pre-Apprentice. The primary purpose of this position is to work with line crews in general labor and move into a Lineman Apprenticeship when a position is available. Completion of Lineman college or climbing school, experience in general construction or related, GIS mapping system, and pole climbing strongly preferred.
We offer a comprehensive wage and benefits package, including state pension, health benefits, wellness incentives, and more! For further position details, wage information,
minimum requirements and to access our online application system, visit our “careers”
page on our Web Site at www.bentonpud.org.
Posting closes on July 15, 2021.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
- Support the District's mission to serve our customers and foster a positive workplace by personally choosing behavior aligned with our values and ethical code.
- Responsible for completing assigned work in a safe, efficient manner that is in conformance with all applicable regulations by helping to stock trucks and working with line equipment and tools assigned to the line crew.
- Contribute to the construction of all phases of overhead and underground line work by learning all phases of District electrical construction standards and practices; operating instructions; and how to accurately read and interpret construction drawings.
- Complete other duties as assigned to meet team, department and organizational goals.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Certifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED
- Ability to successfully pass a pole climbing skill test
- Must possess and maintain a Washington State Class "A" CDL and associated Medical Examiners Certification or obtain within 12 months of entry into position
- Must possess and maintain flagging/traffic control certifications and valid First Aid and CPR certification cards or obtain within 12 months of entry into position