Lineman JourneymanBenton PUD
Benton PUD is accepting applications for a Journeyman Lineman in Prosser, WA. The primary purpose of this position is to operate all line equipment used in construction, maintenance and removal of overhead and underground power lines. The position requires completion of a Lineman Apprentice Program and Journeyman Certification in Lineman Craft. Applicants must apply online to be considered.
- Support the District's mission to serve our customers and foster a positive workplace by personally choosing behavior aligned with our values and ethical code.
- Responsible for completing assigned work in a safe efficient manner that is in conformance with all applicable regulations by using safety equipment, such as wearing personal protective equipment and understanding the Accident Prevention Manual.
- Responsible for construction of all phases of overhead and underground line work by exhibiting a full understanding of all phases of District electrical standards, practices and operating instructions; and accurately reading and interpreting construction drawings.
- Ensure District system reliability by repairing, maintaining and troubleshooting all overhead and underground transmission and distribution power lines and associated equipment.
- Contribute to serving customer needs by operating all line equipment used in construction, maintenance and removal of overhead and underground power lines.
- Responsible for maintaining system reliability by performing maintenance, construction and switching for both distribution and transmission voltages.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Line Trucks
- Wire-pulling and Man-lift Equipment
- Power and hand tools
- Radio Equipment
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ Veterans/Disabled.