Customer Service RepresentativeBenton PUD
Opportunity for an On-Call Customer Service Representative position to provide long term additional support during peak workloads, cover for employees on leave, or other business needs. We are looking for an individual able to work initially full time for 6-8 weeks and then reduce hours to the normal On-Call Pool usage. Prior CSR experience and bilingual Spanish/English are preferred. Ideal position for those desiring part-time work and schedule flexibility due to other lifestyle commitments such as school, family care giving, retirement, or other jobs. Pay rate of $14.83/hour plus $1.25/hour pay in lieu of benefits.
Accountabilities and Essential Functions
- Support the District’s mission to serve our customers and foster a positive workplace by personally choosing behavior aligned with our values and ethical code.
- Contribute to achieving the department’s service level goals and performance standards by providing quality customer interactions and resolutions on the phone and in person.
- Ensure customer payment processing is timely and accurate and is in accordance with established District policy and departmental procedures by receiving and posting payments, reconciling cash drawers daily and operating the remittance processing system.
- Ensure efficient and effective lobby and phone system service by providing prompt greetings, handling routine customer requests, and referring customers to the appropriate department as needed.
- Maximize efficiency and service by utilizing multiple technologies and systems, recommending enhancements, and by training other customer service employees on use.
- Ensure efficient and effective lobby service to customers by providing prompt greetings, administering the visitor badging and sign in/out process, handling routine customer requests, and referring customers to the appropriate department as needed.
- Ensure correspondence and payments are collected in a timely manner by picking up mail at the post office on an as needed basis; opening, sorting and routing of mail; performing Operations facility mail retrieval and delivery; operating postage meter and letter inserting equipment; preparing outgoing mail.
- Ensure returned mail is handled in an appropriate manner by conducting research to locate current addresses for customers and updating the customer information system in accordance with returned mail procedures.
- Contribute to achievement of department goals by cross training with Customer Service staff, by assisting in other areas of the department and by performing assigned tasks in support of team members as required.
- Perform other duties as requested.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.