Health Services WorkerBenton Franklin Health District
Benton-Franklin Health District is seeking a Health Services Worker to join the Communicable Disease Team.
Definition: Under the supervision of the Communicable Disease (CD) Programs Manager the CD Health Services Worker (HSW) will participate on a multi-disciplinary team of health care professionals with the goal of improving disease related health outcomes for members of our community.
Essential Job Functions:
• Assist with case investigations
• Conduct notifiable conditions interviews
• Complete Case Reports per Washington State guidelines
• Participate in CD Team meetings, staff meetings and trainings
• Conduct TB Direct Observed Therapy visits
• Complete HIV FIRS reporting requirements
• Work with the DOH DIS staff to conduct STD case work
• Provide technical assistance and education to medical providers
• regarding mandated reporting
• Attend educational and staff development events deemed
• necessary by program requirements
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work well with co-workers as well as community and
• medical professionals
• Ability to organize and present information and ideas clearly, both in
• writing and orally
BFHD is a tobacco, drug and alcohol free workplace.