EpidemiologistBenton Franklin Health District
Benton-Franklin Health District is seeking an Epidemiologist to join the Performance Management Team.
Definition: Under supervision of the Performance Manager, works cooperatively with the Health Officer, management, community groups, governmental and private agencies/organizations to perform professional epidemiology work by initiating epidemiological investigations, conducting disease surveillance and analyzing and presenting health data used to plan and implement public health intervention and prevention programs.
Essential Job Functions:
• Assist with the collection of epidemiological data.
• Utilize (and enhance when possible) data collection tools.
• Assist with the design of data management systems and oversee data collection methodologies.
• Perform statistical analysis of monitoring, evaluating data and demographic/health data from a variety of sources.
• Prepare reports, fact sheets and other relevant informational guides based on the analysis of collected data, and on investigative activities and findings.
• Make presentations based on the analysis of collected data results of epidemiologic investigations and program evaluation results internally, and to community and professional forums.
• Development of public health initiatives based on analysis of both historical and new data.
• Educate program staff on data utilization from District staff, the public and other agencies or community groups. Assists audiences in interpreting or using the data.
• Conduct literature reviews as needed. Assist in interpreting epidemiological data for planning and policy development.
BFHD is a tobacco, drug and alcohol free workplace.