WISe Youth PartnerBehavioral Health Services
Let me know if this works: Are you at the beginning of your counseling or mental health career? Are you looking for an entry-level position that makes a direct impact for those in need in your community? If this sounds like you, we hope you will apply for our Wise Youth Partner position in Yakima, WA.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with Youth to help support their engagement and active participation in the WISe process.
- Fill the role as mediator, facilitator, and cultural broker between youth and agencies.
- Utilize your lived experience and connection to communities and the peer movement to bring resources and informal supports to the CFT.
What we are looking For in You:
- A new professional with an understanding of childhood development.
- A compassionate advocate who is knowledgeable of social services regulations and special education requirements.
- A self starter who is proficient with word processing and spreadsheet computer software skills.
- Bachelor's in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or related field is preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED with one-year relevant experience or relevant post-secondary coursework will be considered.
- One year of relevant experience working with families and children in a therapeutic or educational capacity.
Submit an application for registration as an Agency Affiliated Counselor in the State of Washington within one week of hire; a current Washington State driver's license and proof of automobile liability insurance coverage; current First Aid/CPR card, or obtained within 45 days of hire; and a Children's Administration background clearance if working within the Placement Program.
Note: FBI fingerprints required if have lived in Washington State less than the last 3 consecutive years.
What we Offer:
- Paid Time Off
- Excellent Healthcare Benefits
- Additional Compensation for Spanish/English Bilingual Skills (testing required)