Assistant Director, Advancement Experience
Reporting to the Senior Director of Engagement and Experience, the Assistant Director of Advancement Experience oversees a team of event and engagement specialists to execute events and experiences for Auburn Advancement. Develops tactical plans, aligns resources, and implements plans to execute customized engagement experiences for signature alumni association events, central advancement events, and unit or college events that meet advancement goals. Partnering across Auburn Advancement and Auburn University, the Assistant Director produces, architects, and collaboratively implements events and experiences to deepen the relationships and enhance the engagement of Auburn constituents. Collaborating across all areas, the Assistant Director embraces a service mentality and cross functional focus.
- Leads a team of event and experience staff to execute events and experiences for Auburn Advancement and ensures a best-in-class engagement for Auburn constituents.
- Facilitates enterprise-wide training and resources to drive engagement, participation, and retention.
- Serves as a strategic partner to Advancement teams in units and colleges to provide consistent engagement experiences for stakeholders and elevate the standards.
- Partners closely with Director of Donor Experience to execute donor events and programs.
- Facilitates planning, production, and execution of constituent experiences, events, and engagements utilizing all mediums and varied resources.
- Utilizes emerging tools, technologies, and partners to deliver industry leading stewardship and alumni and donor success.
- Creates remarkable experiences to build loyalty, reduce churn, and drive success.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience
Education Level: Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
Years of Experience: 5
Minimum Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of event operations. Ability to communicate effectively, maintain complex scheduling and calendars, strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Knowledge of higher education policies and procedures. Strong knowledge of alumni relations, student affairs, annual giving, and development procedures. Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships. Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
Auburn University is committed to an inclusive and diverse campus environment. Women, underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Quick Link for Internal Postings: https://www.auemployment.com/postings/28990